- provide detailed information and photographs about native trees and forest shrubs to educate and raise awareness;
- create an appreciation of special trees and tree areas in Eastern Ontario, from urban locations to rural and wilderness properties;
- provide an on-line guide to publicly accessible locations, especially those with unusual, notable, or rare trees and shrubs;
- encourage the planting of regionally appropriate native species, particularly those that have become rare; and
- support population metrics and health monitoring of rare native species.
The intended audiences are:
- Field naturalists, botanists, ecologists.
- Casual walkers, nature enthusiasts, and hikers.
- Landowners, gardeners, land trusts, and stewards of natural areas.